Blogs > Pilot Pen 2009

The latest on the 2009 Pilot Pen tournament with tennis writer Jim Fuller and other New Haven Register contributors.

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Tournament wrap

The Register's columnist Dave Solomon spoke with tournament director Anne Worcester to look back at the 2009 tournament. His column ran in today's paper.

The weekend was a trying time for so many, from tournament officials, television big wigs, representatives from the ATP and WTA, players still alive in the tournament and even the media. As Pilot Pen Tennis president and CEO Mike Davies said to me on Friday "it's never good for anybody, a rainy day at a tennis tournament." Truer words have never been spoken.

I will say this, as I watched the final few points played and former world No. 1 Ana Ivanovic lose in the first round of the U.S. Open, I couldn't help but think she had a scheduling error in not requesting a wild card into the Pilot Pen. It's obvious she needed some fine tuning before the Open.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Term Papers said...

I really like your article, it is simple and precise, I will implement this to my new website Articles Idea.

March 11, 2010 at 5:27 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home